Accelerated BSN Admissions Process
If you’re ready to accelerate your nursing education by applying to the Notre Dame of Maryland University ABSN program, follow these five steps in the admissions process:
1. Talk to an admissions counselor
Start by reaching out to an admissions counselor, to discuss your previous academic experience and future career aspirations. This initial conversation serves to gauge your compatibility with the Notre Dame ABSN. Once you’ve been determined to be a good match, your admissions counselor will then be your main point of contact throughout the admissions process.
2. Develop an academic success plan
Your admissions counselor will work with you to create an academic plan of action that’s tailored to your specific situation and works toward your target start date. Our program start dates are in January, May, and September.
3. Fulfill the Prerequisite Requirements
Set your academic plan in motion by completing any general or natural science prerequisite courses within the required grade specifications that your admissions counselor determines are necessary before submitting your application.
4. Take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
Be sure to invest some time and energy into studying for the TEAS exam. The standardized, multiple choice test will evaluate English and language usage, reading comprehension, science, and mathematics. In total, the TEAS exam is made up of 170 questions and students have 209 minutes to complete the exam.
5. Complete Your Nursing School Application
Complete the accelerated nursing program application online and submit the following materials:
- Official college transcript(s) from all previous institutions
- Current resume
- Personal statement focused on why you are pursuing nursing. If relevant, this statement may also explain reasons behind a lower than accepted GPA.
For More Information
Contact us to learn more about our ABSN admissions process.