Admissions Process for the Notre Dame of Maryland University Accelerated BSN Program
If you’re ready to accelerate your nursing education by applying to the Notre Dame of Maryland University ABSN program, follow these four steps in the admissions process:
1. Speak with an admissions counselor
Start by reaching out to an admissions counselor, to discuss your previous academic experience and future career aspirations. This initial conversation serves to gauge your compatibility with the Notre Dame ABSN. Once you’ve been determined to be a good match, your admissions counselor will then be your main point of contact throughout the admissions process.
2. Make an academic plan
Your admissions counselor will work with you to create an academic plan of action tailored to your specific situation that works toward your target start date. Our program start dates are in January, May, and September.
3. Complete any needed ABSN prerequisites
Set your academic plan in motion by completing any general and natural science prerequisite courses within the required grade specifications your admissions counselor determines necessary before submitting your application.
4. Apply to accelerated nursing school
Complete the accelerated nursing program application online and submit the following materials:
- Official college transcript(s) from all previous institutions
- Current resume
- Personal statement focused on why you are pursuing nursing. If relevant, this statement may also explain reasons behind a lower than accepted GPA.
Contact us to learn more about our ABSN admissions process.