NDMU ABSN Requirements and Prerequisites
The great thing about the Notre Dame of Maryland University Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN program is that it allows highly motivated students like you to apply your previous bachelor’s degree toward a rewarding new career in nursing, even if you have no prior health care experience.
To become eligible to enroll in our ABSN program, though, you must first meet a set of accelerated nursing requirements, which involves completion of the following:
- Non-nursing bachelor’s degree, with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4-point scale)
- ABSN prerequisite courses (22 credit hours) within the minimum grade requirements
- ABSN program application
- Current resume and personal essay
- Earn a minimum composite score of 65% on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS).
- EXEMPTION: A student applying for admission is EXEMPT from the TEAS requirement if they have 30 or more college transfer credits completed, have not repeated any required courses, AND have a transfer GPA of 3.3 or above.
- A previous TEAS score can be submitted if the test was taken within the past year of the time of application to the accelerated nursing program.
- Recommendation letters (2)
Accelerated Nursing Prerequisites
To be eligible to apply for our Accelerated 2nd Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program, you must complete six ABSN prerequisites in addition to meeting the other qualifications for our program.
|MAT 215||Basic Statistics||3|
|CHM 108*||Survey of General, Organic & Biochemistry||4|
|BIO 201*||Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|BIO 202*||Anatomy & Physiology II||4|
|Total Required Credits||22|
*Prerequisite must have been completed with a minimum grade of C or higher within five years prior to enrollment.
If you’re not sure which (if any) prerequisite courses you’d need to complete to qualify for ABSN program eligibility, rest assured our admissions team can help you make that determination. Your assigned admissions counselor can review your academic history and unofficial transcripts from your previous degree program to help you make an ABSN prerequisite completion plan that aligns with your target start date in the Notre Dame ABSN. Please note costs and fees for prerequisite coursework are outside tuition and cost breakdowns for the ABSN program.
Talk to an Admissions Counselor
If you satisfy all of the above requirements and have the drive to succeed in our full-time accelerated nursing program, it’s highly advisable that you contact one of our admissions counselors as soon as possible. Your assigned admissions counselor can help you gather all the needed materials and complete all the steps necessary to apply for our program.
For more information about our ABSN requirements and prerequisites, please contact an admissions counselor.